RIAPS Platform v1.1.16 Release Notes
This is the release notice for the 1.1.16 release of RIAPS – thanks to Mary for putting together the release!
THIS RELEASE IS A BREAKING CHANGE! Meaning that you must update both the VM and BBBs to the same version. New VMs and BBB images are available on the download page. Update scripts are available if you need to update your current VM and BBBs, but note that updating will affect any security key setup you have in place.
· riaps-hosts.conf (VM only)
· Security Keys – id_rsa.pub, id_rsa.key, riaps-sys.cert, x509.pem
auto conf = PyConfigConverter::convert(type_spec, actor_spec);
auto conf = PyConfigConverter::convert(type_spec, actor_spec, args);
* Add ReadTheDocs setup, where doxygen is processed into sphinx files
* Improved API documentation
* Removed riaps-systemd debian package, moved to riaps-pycom package. This package (riaps-systemd) should be removed before installing the new riaps-pycom package
* Added apparmor file for riaps_actor to make available this advanced security feature
* Put riaps key files into conffile file to allow installation of riaps-pycom without overwriting the user’s security key setup.
* Moved conffile location to /etc/riaps and created soft links to /usr/local/riaps/etc/ and /usr/local/riaps/keys/ for user modified files.
* Add apparmor_monkeys library install for security feature (PR #28)
* Parse arguments for C++ actors/components
* Validation zmq address in discovery beacons
* Local ports are also encrypted when security is on
* Port security check for mixed component applications
* Use configured interface for publish/request/answer port (instead of first found interface)
* Security-induced issues addressed
* Duplicate app names are rejected
* EC certs are validated upon actor start
* Update privileges of riaps_fab to be an executable like all the other scripts
* Parse Cpp Args added to code generation template
* Set riaps-sys.cert file permissions to 444
* Add comment to riaps.conf for timeout unit of measure
* Device components to support the same API (for ID-s) as a normal component
* Apparmor problem fixes - New Python package required: apparmor_monkeys
* Apparmor file - moved comments to their own lines - seemed to be interfering with profile building
* Remove group code for now, save for when interface with C++ implementation is available
* Timeout on p2p responses caused a mistaken removal of a peer from the group. The correct remedy is to increase the p2p timeouts.
* Exception error thrown, print statement has too many elements
* Fix hostname file install and fabfile edit issue
* Fix inside port handlers, logging package in python, handler case issues (#164)
* Error message on port again exception
* Improved package removal scripts
Mary Metelko | System Architect
Institute for Software Integrated Systems
1025 16th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37212