We met briefly with a much-reduced crew this week and a minimal agenda. There are two key takeaways:
#126 is ready for draft language after the selection procedure is slightly refined. We can open a vote on this next meeting without spending too much time on it.
- Phil Ngo or other interested parties, can you please communicate with each other and write up the modifications to the current methods that we will need to accept?
- If you are interested in chairing the working group in 2020, please send me your self-nomination and a candidate statement before next meeting (ideally by January 15th).
The Chair’s duties have included:
- Communicate with Working Group members and the Steering Committee (a few emails a month)
- Organize meetings and creating the agenda/slides (1x/month)
- Leading meetings (1x/month)
- Organizing and tabulating results of voting (prioritization and issue or process-specific) (Roughly once every few months)
- Monitoring progress of the Working Group and coordinating with issue testers
- Developing new operating procedures where necessary
Here are the slides from last meeting:
We will be meeting again on January 22nd, at which point our agenda focus on overarching CalTRACK and CalTRACK WG issues. While I am happy to preside over an airing of grievances or speculative discussion, please take some time
before the meeting to formulate some concrete improvements that could be made in those areas.
- Discussion of Working Group process (successes and areas for improvement)
- Voting/Prioritization/Issue Selection
- Information flow / Github / Emails
- Discussion of CalTRACK trajectory and scope
- Where are the areas for improvement?
- When is a given model/method “good enough?”
- New use cases
- Discussion of both scope and process
- How best can the Working Group address the needs for CalTRACK?
- Kick off voting for the 2020 CalTRACK Chair
See you in the roaring 20’s – Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
Apex Analytics, LLC
345 W. Washington Ave., Ste. 301 | Madison, WI 53703
Office: (303)590-9888, x106 | Cell: (412)576-8100