Date

Re: No CalTRACK meeting today

Ethan Goldman

Correction: the GRID comparison group task force is meeting Friday.

Sorry for the confusion; I guess I got a little ahead of my calendar!

Ethan

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 12:00 PM Ethan Goldman <ethan.goldman@...> wrote:
CalTRACKers -

Just as a reminder, there is no CalTRACK meeting today, but there is a GRID Comparison Group task force meeting tomorrow to discuss the best mechanisms to address the highly unusual energy use patterns this year due to Covid-19.

Please contact McGee Young to learn more or get involved in that discussion.

Stay safe,
Ethan

No CalTRACK meeting today

Ethan Goldman

CalTRACKers -

Just as a reminder, there is no CalTRACK meeting today, but there is a GRID Comparison Group task force meeting tomorrow to discuss the best mechanisms to address the highly unusual energy use patterns this year due to Covid-19.

Please contact McGee Young to learn more or get involved in that discussion.

Stay safe,
Ethan

EPRI Smart Building and Communities Webcast - Primer and Metrics for Grid-Interactive and Efficient Buildings and Communities

Ethan Goldman

Dear CalTRACKers -

I wanted to invite you to an EPRI webinar next week where I'll be presenting on CalTRACK. This was originally going to be part of their Electrification conference, but it's gone virtual (and also is now free).

If you're interested in participating in the discussion about how CalTRACK can be used to provide the hourly baseline for demand flexibility from smart homes and connected communities, please attend the webinar; there will be time for Q&A after the presentations. See below for more info and the webinar link.

Also, if you have been using CalTRACK for measuring impact from any grid-interactive projects, please let me know and I'll be happy to feature your work in my slides!

Stay safe,
Ethan

    • #118 (Schmidt), Interpolation of integral therms for daily data
    • #125 (Schmidt), Ensure that AEU Includes All Days in Reporting Period
    • #126 (Ngo), Baseline data procedure for billing data
    • #130 (Monsees), “Month type” or “Week type” control to Address Intercept-Only Model Issues with More Frequent Payments

Please feel free to email me or the group and add agenda items as need be. Although my priority (ha!) is to get us to power through a few more actionable/testable items before the end of the year, we also still have two open issues that ask for somewhat deeper structural changes to CalTRACK or its approval process. For instance, Steve has proposed that we add #129/#122 (Uniform Testing Approach) to the agenda. Because we end up bumping the more debatable issues for various reasons, I propose that we reserve the January meeting to take a breather from the vote-test-approve loop and dive in again on those issues. That gives the Steering Committee time to ruminate on the Non-res vs. Res issue as well. However, we can also discuss them if there’s time this month or next.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Koliner

Apex Analytics, LLC

4930 Tokay Blvd | Madison, WI 53711

Office:  (303)590-9888, x106   | Cell: (412)576-8100

jonk@...   | www.apexanalyticsllc.com

Re: Working Group Tomorrow

Jon Koliner