Re: DigiSub DT2 (virtualization) - Meeting #2


Lucian Balea
 

Hi!

Thanks for your participation to the meeting last Friday. It seems to me that we are making progress towards a meaningful project.

 

I have updated the roadmap document based on the discussions that we had (changes flagged in green or as comments).

 

I propose the following TODO list by the next meeting:

  • @All: we need to reword the list of motivations with better differentiation between why and what. I also suggest to relate the motivations listed in the table to one of the four generic stakes: innovation, velocity & cost efficiency, scalability & flexibility, cross-industry collaboration. Moreover, the list needs to be filtered since this project will not address the stakes at application level (protections) thus some motivations may better with the other project (61850 implementation and configuration)
  • @All: provide feedback on slide 11 (“combinations of non-virtualization with virtualization”)
  • @RTE: propose some slides based of Jan’s options describing where we propose to go (overall control architecture and type of virtualization)
  • @All: provide feedback on the technical stack proposed by RTE and Alliander. We need to see whether there is consensus on one option or there would be necessary to implement several alternatives.

 

Please use the shared folder here: https://rtefrance-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/lucian_balea_rte-france_com/EqtmXdzq_g5IjOUqnpeW_OcBSliQdsCu0vytBZ5yDSisaA

 

Thank you!

 

Best regards,

Lucian

 

De : digital-substation-virt@... <digital-substation-virt@...> De la part de Lucian Balea via Lists.Lfenergy.Org
Envoyé : mercredi 22 janvier 2020 19:01
À : digital-substation-virt@...
Cc : digital-substation-virt@...
Objet : Re: [digital-substation-virt] DigiSub DT2 (virtualization) - Meeting #2

 

Hi!

 

We will have the next meeting on Friday.

This is the TODO list from the last meeting (referring to the document “DigiSub_DT2 - Draft Roadmap” in the “Working documents folder”):

  • @All: We did not have time to discuss the last slide. Please have a look and comment if needed.
  • @RTE, Alliander, National Grid, Tata Power: write a first draft of motivations for a virtualization platform è We have inserted 2 slides (pages 3, 4). Others, please feel free to comment and elaborate further.
  • @RTE: explain the motivations for these technical choices described in the architecture slide è Done. See the “justifications” document in the folder. Aurelien will present it on Friday.
  • @All: please add similar slides for the platform architecture (if you already have your own similar vision). Just copy/paste your material as is so we can start discussing similarities and differences. Any input before the meeting is welcome.

 

Please let me know if you want to add something to the agenda.

Best regards,

Lucian

 

De : digital-substation-virt@... <digital-substation-virt@...> De la part de Lucian Balea via Lists.Lfenergy.Org
Envoyé : vendredi 10 janvier 2020 17:28
À : digital-substation-virt@...
Cc : digital-substation-virt@...
Objet : Re: [digital-substation-virt] Kick-off LFE DigiSub - Design Team 2 (virtualization)

 

Hi!

 

Thanks for your active participation yesterday.

This is a wrap-up of our discussions and some follow-up actions. Please amend if needed.

 

1) This is the link to the shared folder: https://rtefrance-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/lucian_balea_rte-france_com/EqtmXdzq_g5IjOUqnpeW_OcBSliQdsCu0vytBZ5yDSisaA

I have created a subfolder named “Working documents for next meeting” to gather contributions.

 

2) Amendments to the roadmap slides discussed during the meeting (see modifications in green in the subfolder mentioned above – also attached for convenience) :

  • Question raised on the meaning of “reference” when saying that “The aim is to develop a reference open source real-time platform that can run automation and protection applications”. It is decided to postpone this discussion until the scope of the project is further clarified.
  • “Availability”, “Data exchange” and “Long Term Support” topics need to be added to the list of requirements to be fulfilled by the platform.
  • Wording clarifications for the scope of activities to be envisaged during the project.

 

3) TODO list for next meeting:

  • @All: We did not have time to discuss the last slide. Please have a look and comment if needed.
  • @RTE, Alliander, National Grid, Tata Power: write a first draft of motivations for a virtualization platform
  • @RTE: explain the motivations for these technical choices described in the architecture slide
  • @All: please add similar slides for the platform architecture (if you already have your own similar vision). Just copy/paste your material as is so we can start discussing similarities and differences.

 

Thanks!

 

Best regards,

Lucian

 

De : digital-substation-virt@... <digital-substation-virt@...> De la part de Lucian Balea via Lists.Lfenergy.Org
Envoyé : mercredi 8 janvier 2020 20:47
À : digital-substation-virt@...
Cc : digital-substation-virt@...
Objet : Re: [digital-substation-virt] Kick-off LFE DigiSub - Design Team 2 (virtualization)

 

Dear All,

First, I wish you all the best for 2020!

 

In anticipation of our kick-off call tomorrow we have prepared some initial material and put it in the shared folder:

https://rtefrance-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/lucian_balea_rte-france_com/EqtmXdzq_g5IjOUqnpeW_OcBSliQdsCu0vytBZ5yDSisaA

Please let me know in case you encounter any difficulty accessing this.

You can also add your contributions into the folder or comments into the proposed slides.

 

From now on we can also start using the group mailing list for our communications.

 

I look forward to initiating the works tomorrow.

Best regards,

Lucian

 

De : BALEA Lucian <lucian.balea@...>
Envoyé : lundi 9 décembre 2019 17:47
À : Daniel Lazaro <dlazaro@...>; GUIBOUT Christian <christian.guibout@...>; WATARE Aurelien <aurelien.watare@...>; Thomas Rudolph <thomas.rudolph@...>; akhilesh.chandrakar@...; Dalvi Siddhesh <siddhesh.dalvi@...>; Watts, Ricky <ricky.watts@...>; Vijaylal S V <vijaylal.sv@...>; Groningen, Laurent van <laurent.van.groningen@...>; Charton, Thomas <Thomas.Charton@...>; Chen, Linwei <Linwei.Chen@...>; Jansen, Sander <sander.jansen@...>; Miller, Michael (GE Renewable Energy) <Michael.Miller3@...>; Kanabar, Mital (GE Renewable Energy) <mital.kanabar@...>; Moeller, Jan <moeller.jan@...>
Cc : BALEA Lucian <lucian.balea@...>
Objet : Kick-off LFE DigiSub - Design Team 2 (virtualization)

 

Dear All,

 

I am writing you to kick-off the Design Team #2 on the “virtualization of automation and protection applications”.

The purpose of our group will be to build a common roadmap and to identify contributions prior to the inception of an open source project. However, at this stage there is no commitment to participate to the future project by participating to the Design Team.

 

We have a great group of people and I look forward to starting the collaboration.

I am attaching some introductory material from previous presentations so everyone has the same background information.

 

A few things to start:

 

1) In order to find the most convenient date for the 3 first meetings, please fill the following polls before the end of this week:

 

2) I am setting up a OneDrive shared folder for our team. You will receive an automatic invitation with a link to the folder.

Please feel free to use this folder in order to share documents with the group. Let me know if you encounter any difficulty to access it.

 

3) You will also receive an invitation to join a group mailing list. I am setting this in order to avoid that someone is left behind in our email conversations. As soon as everybody signs in we will start using it.

 

4) Christian, Aurelien and I will prepare a set of input slides for the first meeting. If you also have input that you would like to share with the group already, please feel free to do so as well.

 

Please come back to me in case you have any question or suggestion.

I would like to thank you in advance for your active participation!

Best regards,

 

logo

Lucian BALEA
R&D Program Director / Open Source
P+33 6 63 12 51 85

lucian.balea@...

 

 



"Ce message est destiné exclusivement aux personnes ou entités auxquelles il est adressé et peut contenir des informations privilégiées ou confidentielles. Si vous avez reçu ce document par erreur, merci de nous l'indiquer par retour, de ne pas le transmettre et de procéder à sa destruction.

This message is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail, do not disclose it and delete the original message."



"Ce message est destiné exclusivement aux personnes ou entités auxquelles il est adressé et peut contenir des informations privilégiées ou confidentielles. Si vous avez reçu ce document par erreur, merci de nous l'indiquer par retour, de ne pas le transmettre et de procéder à sa destruction.

This message is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail, do not disclose it and delete the original message."



"Ce message est destiné exclusivement aux personnes ou entités auxquelles il est adressé et peut contenir des informations privilégiées ou confidentielles. Si vous avez reçu ce document par erreur, merci de nous l'indiquer par retour, de ne pas le transmettre et de procéder à sa destruction.

This message is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail, do not disclose it and delete the original message."



"Ce message est destiné exclusivement aux personnes ou entités auxquelles il est adressé et peut contenir des informations privilégiées ou confidentielles. Si vous avez reçu ce document par erreur, merci de nous l'indiquer par retour, de ne pas le transmettre et de procéder à sa destruction.

This message is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail, do not disclose it and delete the original message."

Join digital-substation-virt@lists.lfenergy.org to automatically receive all group messages.