Re: DigiSub DT2 (virtualization) - Meeting #4


Lucian Balea
 

Hi!

 

Thanks for your participation to the call yesterday. I am sending you the minutes of the meeting (with some actions highlighted in green below):

 

  • The 3 examples of substation systems to be considered for a minimum viable product have been explained. They cover a wide range of use cases from typical distribution substation to extra high voltage substation. After debate it is agreed to keep these 3 use cases as a target for the MVP as they seem achievable. This can be reconsidered during the course of the project in case of difficulties with one of them.

 

  • There is consensus on the “Functional Requirements References for first MVP” proposed by GE with one amendment: it is agreed that the project will not assess the requirements on EMC, construction, environmental base on the assumption that the software will be compatible with hardware fulfilling these requirements (and considering also that the hardware infrastructure for visualization may be subject to less stringent requirements). è GE will send an updated slide.

 

  • The x86 hardware architecture proposed by RTE needs to be better understood. è RTE to update the justification of choices with a section on x86. Schneider Electric and WindRiver also proposed to provide justifications.

 

  • We need to identify what are the must-have architecture alternatives to be considered for the MVP (nice-to-have alternatives could be left aside for the MVP and reconsidered I a later phase of the project). è Everybody to provide requirements by next meeting.

 

The focus of next call will be on the following milestones:

  • Identify, based on surveys and experience, the initial system(s) architecture(s) and technology stack to be considered in the project
  • Define the first milestones to reach a first minimum viable product

 

 

Please continue adding you contributions directly to the roadmap in the “Working documents for next meeting”: https://rtefrance-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/lucian_balea_rte-france_com/EqtmXdzq_g5IjOUqnpeW_OcBSliQdsCu0vytBZ5yDSisaA

 

Any comment/suggestion regarding the above is welcome.

 

Best regards,

Lucian

 

-----Rendez-vous d'origine-----
De : BALEA Lucian
Envoyé : jeudi 3 mars 2005 21:17
À : BALEA Lucian; Daniel Lazaro; GUIBOUT Christian; WATARE Aurelien; Thomas Rudolph; akhilesh.chandrakar@...; Dalvi Siddhesh; Vijaylal S V; Groningen, Laurent van; Charton, Thomas; Chen, Linwei; Jansen, Sander; Miller, Michael (GE Renewable Energy); Kanabar, Mital (GE Renewable Energy); Moeller, Jan; Karine Mourier; Dioury, Karim; Seiler, Glenn; Teije Meijer
Cc : Betz, Thierry
Objet : DigiSub DT2 (virtualization) - Meeting #4
Date : vendredi 28 février 2020 16:30-18:00 (UTC+01:00) Bruxelles, Copenhague, Madrid, Paris.
Où : https://zoom.us/j/7589175891

 

Lucian Balea is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/7589175891

 

Meeting ID: 758 917 5891

 

One tap mobile

+33756784048,,7589175891# France

+33170379729,,7589175891# France

 

Dial by your location

        +33 7 5678 4048 France

        +33 1 7037 9729 France

        +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 758 917 5891

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad9SYB8UxS

 



"Ce message est destiné exclusivement aux personnes ou entités auxquelles il est adressé et peut contenir des informations privilégiées ou confidentielles. Si vous avez reçu ce document par erreur, merci de nous l'indiquer par retour, de ne pas le transmettre et de procéder à sa destruction.

This message is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail, do not disclose it and delete the original message."

Join digital-substation-virt@lists.lfenergy.org to automatically receive all group messages.