Date   

Minutes from meeting

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all, 

You can find the minutes from today’s meetings here

Sorry for the confusion with meeting times again,

Best

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


Re: Agenda for 2022-11-29 sync

Erich Barnstedt
 

Can you add me as a contributor to the repo, please? Then I can check in. 😊

 

Erich Barnstedt

Chief Architect Standards & Consortia, Azure Edge + Platform

European Microsoft Innovation Center GmbH | Walter-Gropius-Strasse 5, 80807 Munich | Germany | General Managers Keith Dolliver, Benjamin O. Orndorff | Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 12066

 

From: cdsc-power-system-data-wg@... <cdsc-power-system-data-wg@...> On Behalf Of Pierre Segonne via lists.lfenergy.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 10:08 AM
To: cdsc-power-system-data-wg@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [CDSC Power System Data WG] Agenda for 2022-11-29 sync

 

Hey all,

You can find here the agendas for today’s sync.

We’ll have two syncs today,

One specially for those working on the work stream 3  - the API spec itself at 15:00 CET

Agenda:

  • Update round - where are we?
  • Sync on data shared - is the provided format ok?
  • Sync on the POC app - is there any help required?
  • Sync on the Google doc - is there any help required?


One for the whole working group - at 16:00 CET

Agenda:

  • Presentation of the final version of the data types + Q&A
  • Update on the status of the workstream 3 - API specification
  • News on the CLA.

See you later,

Best

 

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps Electricity Maps


New meeting link

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all, 

There is a little mishap with the meeting invite. 

The times have been shifted again, but it should not have applied for this week.

I’m hosting now the meeting here instead:


 To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/rtd-zsaj-pks
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +45 70 71 40 36 and enter this PIN: 843 780 677#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/rtd-zsaj-pks?hs=5 



_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


Agenda for 2022-11-29 sync

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all,

You can find here the agendas for today’s sync.

We’ll have two syncs today,

One specially for those working on the work stream 3  - the API spec itself at 15:00 CET

Agenda:
  • Update round - where are we?
  • Sync on data shared - is the provided format ok?
  • Sync on the POC app - is there any help required?
  • Sync on the Google doc - is there any help required?

One for the whole working group - at 16:00 CET

Agenda:
  • Presentation of the final version of the data types + Q&A
  • Update on the status of the workstream 3 - API specification
  • News on the CLA.
See you later,

Best

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


Re: ** Webinar Dec 14 - LF Energy CDSC Draft 1 Deliverables **

Hallie Cramer
 

Thanks, Killian!

+cdsc-power-system-data-wg@... +cdsc-customer-data-wg@... in case folks are not signed up to the prior tsc list.

As +John Mertic also shared in a prior thread, cdsc-tsc@ and cdsc-strategy-committee@ email lists will be deprecated. In their place will be a combined cdsc-general@ email list.

If you are currently subscribed to cdsc-tsc@, no action is needed. If you are subscribed to cdsc-strategy-committee@, you will need to join the new cdsc-general list. The link to that list is here: https://lists.lfenergy.org/g/cdsc-general

Best,
Hallie



On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 12:30 PM Killian Daly <killian@...> wrote:
Hi all,

We are excited to announce the presentation of draft 1 deliverables from the Carbon Data Spec Consortium in a webinar on December 14th 16:00 GMT.

*Please use this link to register for the session*


Preliminary Agenda
  • Summary of objectives, strategy, structure and progress to date
  • Presentation of Customer Data WG Draft 1 Deliverables
  • Presentation of Power System Data WG Draft 1 Deliverables
  • Discussion of how to get feedback from the group
  • AOB
We look forward to see you all there!

Best regards,

Killian Daly 

General Manager  

EnergyTag  

Phone: +32 47 37 37 070  

Sign-Up to EnergyTag





Minutes from workstream 3 - API spec kickoff

Pierre Segonne
 

Hi,

We had today the kickoff of the work stream 3 for delivering the API specification.

Minutes can be found here.

The idea is to build a POC API that implements the spec, which can autogenerate an OpenAPI spec. 
We will in parallel maintain a Doc that specifies Taxonomy and provide details around data types and parameters. 

Best

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


Maintainer OOO for Tomorrow’s eeting

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all,

Unfortunately I will not be able to be present at tomorrow’s sync. 

It would be great if you still held the sync and someone was substituting me for holding on to an agenda and keeping note of minutes. 

I have a few suggestions for the agenda, that echo our last action points 
  1. Check up on the addition of use cases to our website
  2. Verify progress and contributions to https://github.com/carbon-data-specification/Power-Systems-Data/issues/41. The data types topology should by the end of the session be completed with a column that specifies for each data type if it will be a must have / should have / optional in the specification. All field that are not optional should be 100% completed, meaning that the draft will be final.
  3. Quick update on kicking off the work on the actual API specification (work stream 3) - kickoff will happen on the 17th of November.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Best

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


CDSC TSC and Steering Meeting agenda for Wednesday

John Mertic
 

CDSC Community members,

Please plan to attend the CDSC TSC and Steering Meeting on Wednesday at 8:00 am US Pacific time / 11:00 am US Eastern Time / 5:00 pm Central European Time, where we will cover the practical changes and transition for the working groups within the CDSC as the working groups move from a Community Spec model to a Traditional model within LFESS.

If you don't have the meeting on your calendar, please go to https://zoom-lfx.platform.linuxfoundation.org/meeting/99503859447 to register and have it added. 

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
Academy Software Foundation, LF Energy, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule a meeting with me at https://meetings.hubspot.com/jmertic


Update on Contributor License Agreement (CLA)

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all,

Today we (WG1&2 maintainers + steering committee) had a session with folks from the Linux Foundation to get more information around the new contributor license agreement.

TL;DR:

Not much will change for you as a contributor, you will simply have to sign a license agreement to be able to contribute (a bot will check automatically on PRs, otherwise maintainers have to check on other tools such as Google suite). We can officialise our first draft as soon as we have all signed.

----


Few highlights:

  • Working group roles: Instead of Maintainer, editor, contributor, we’ll have 3 roles. Chair (responsible for the community management), Editor (responsible for the delivery of the specs), contributors. Not much of a change besides names.
  • IP lock-in: Claims to IP can only be excluded prior to the adoption of a draft as an approved deliverable.
  • Meeting requirements
    • 7 days notice for teleconference, 30 days in person
    • Agenda must be posted along with meeting notice
    • Antitrust policies apply to all meetings
    • Minutes should be posted ASAP and accessible to all participants
  • Steering committee: The steering committee official structure will evolve. A LFESS (don’t ask me what the acronym means) steering committee will take ownership of approving new projects and scopes of work. The current steering committee will continue existing for now (chair by Killian Daly), orchestrating the work done under both working groups of the carbon data specification, even though it won’t have an official mandate anymore.

Best,

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


2022-11-01 Post meeting minutes

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all,

Please find here the minutes from today’s meeting.

All the best,

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


2022-11-01 Agenda

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all,

For tomorrow's agenda I propose the following:

* Update on new website (it's live).
* Kickstart workstream 3 on API specification.
* Review last missing pieces of the workstream 2 specification.
* ENTSO-E review integration.

Reminder the minutes can be found here

Hope to see you tomorrow,

Best

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


Post meeting minutes

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all,

Please find here the minutes from today’s meeting.

Best,

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


2022-10-18 Agenda

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all,

For today’s agenda I propose the following:

* Update on Contributor License Agreement (CLA)
* Update on new website and alignment with WG1
* Update on consolidation of proposals into v0.0.1 draft
* Update on outreach to MISO and ENTSO-E for proposals review.

Reminder the minutes can be found here

Hope to see you tonight,

Best

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


Re: Update on CDSC transition into LFESS

Shuli Goodman
 

Thanks, John for all your efforts to bring this to fruition. 

I do want to make a modest correction about point three. 
Move from the existing CDSC TSC and Strategy Committee to informal joint meetings from time to time to ensure alignment between the working groups.

The plan is to create a Joint WG 1 &2 sub-committee that will help to facilitate alignment and work to ensure the Adoption and diffusion of the standard. There are many steps between a creating a technical spec, making sure the two WGs deliver a spec that is complementary in detail and documentation, and that the two roll together as a common standard. 

So, there will be a regular cadence to meetings with named sub-committee chairs. More detail to come! 

Thanks everyone for your patience. 

Let’s get moving again! Shuli 


l. shuli rose goodman
+1.415.722.9688
sgoodman@...
(sent from my tin can)

On Oct 7, 2022, at 4:53 AM, John Mertic <jmertic@...> wrote:


CDSC community participants,

I would like to announce that the LF Energy Governing Board and LF team have approved the creation of LF Energy Standards and Specifications, where CDSC and future standards efforts will shift into over the coming weeks. This will change the governance model of the CDSC from the current Community Specification model to a Joint Development Foundation (JDF) model, which is closer to how traditional standards are developed.

The biggest impacts for this group include...

- Requirement for explicit IP commitments for each participating organization or individual. 
- Changes to the governance and process for each working group to align with the explicit IP commitments.
- Move from the existing CDSC TSC and Strategy Committee to informal joint meetings from time to time to ensure alignment between the working groups.

In the next few weeks, look for more information on the needed agreements to execute and the process for doing so. Additionally, we will be providing training and guidance to the existing maintainers and work with each working group to manage the transition. More details on the specific details in the days to come.

Let myself or any of the LF staff know of any questions or concerns you have.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
Academy Software Foundation, LF Energy, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule a meeting with me at https://meetings.hubspot.com/jmertic


Update on CDSC transition into LFESS

John Mertic
 

CDSC community participants,

I would like to announce that the LF Energy Governing Board and LF team have approved the creation of LF Energy Standards and Specifications, where CDSC and future standards efforts will shift into over the coming weeks. This will change the governance model of the CDSC from the current Community Specification model to a Joint Development Foundation (JDF) model, which is closer to how traditional standards are developed.

The biggest impacts for this group include...

- Requirement for explicit IP commitments for each participating organization or individual. 
- Changes to the governance and process for each working group to align with the explicit IP commitments.
- Move from the existing CDSC TSC and Strategy Committee to informal joint meetings from time to time to ensure alignment between the working groups.

In the next few weeks, look for more information on the needed agreements to execute and the process for doing so. Additionally, we will be providing training and guidance to the existing maintainers and work with each working group to manage the transition. More details on the specific details in the days to come.

Let myself or any of the LF staff know of any questions or concerns you have.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
Academy Software Foundation, LF Energy, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule a meeting with me at https://meetings.hubspot.com/jmertic


Today’s genda

Pierre Segonne
 

Hey all,

Today’s envisioned agenda is:
  • GitHub clean slate.
    • Differentiating between the draft v0.0.1 and proposal to change repo organisation.
    • Merge the draft v0.0.1 into the main branch.
    • Should we make the README more descriptive? And remind the raison d'être of the WG?
    • Overview of closed issues.
    • New labels to triage between workstreams.

  • Update on outreach to MISO and ENTSO-E for proposals review.
You can also find the agenda for today’s meeting here

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


2022-09-20 Post meeting action items

Pierre Segonne <pierre.segonne@...>
 

Hey all,

Thanks a lot for a good meeting today. 

As a reminder the key points discussed during the meeting were:

* Status regarding request for review for the topology (work stream 1) and data types (work stream 2) to MISO and ENTSO-E.

Requests for comments were left unanswered. We will try reaching out again, proposing a collaborative working session with both the policy and data people on their side. Ideally this would be completed before the end of the 1st week of October. Next week’s meeting could be dedicated to that.

[Post-note: Both Natalie (MISO) and Alvaro (ENTSO-E), who are our points of contacts are out-of-office until the 26th of September. This means that it’s most likely unrealistic to expect to get their feedback before next meeting on Tuesday]

* Change of maintainer for the WG2. Guillaume will step down, and I will replace him
* Kicking-off the work on the API specs (work stream 3)

While we are waiting for feedback on the proposals for the work streams 1&2, we might as well start on work stream 3.

Action points:
  1. Contact ENTSO-E again. [Pierre Segonne]
  2. Contact Jeff from Singularity together with Nathalie Winters from MISO to ask again for feedback [Pierre Segonne]
  3. Figure out the governance of work stream 1. Greg Miller, who has in the past been a key contributor to the work stream, is not as available anymore, and it seems that no one is picking up that responsibility. [Anybody wants to step up? - will discuss with LF people]
Where to contribute by next session:

* The GitHub repository could use some cleaning up.
* The topology and data types proposal could be synced up on GitHub. See PR waiting to be merged for topology.
* If you have contacts in TSOs/ISOs that are not MISO or ENTSO-E please share contacts so that we can ask feedback beyond these.
* The work stream 3 can be kickstarted. Anybody that has experience with API design is more than welcome to start an issue and propose a way to collaborate around the definition of the API specs to share the data scoped out in work stream 1 and 2.

_

Pierre Segonne

Data Scientist

Electricity Maps


Next steps — WG2 workstreams input / feedback needed

guillaume.picard@...
 

Hi everyone,

 

Thanks to those who were able to come to the meeting today. I know there’s been some confusion around the meeting times, for now we’re scheduled on Tuesdays @ 8AM PST /  11 AM EST / 5PM CEST. We can discuss at the next meeting if this still works or if we would rather revert back to Thursday.

 

As you know, we’re working with a new structure for WG2 which is breaks down the work into three workstreams (WS). 

 

Greg and Henry have made some headway into WS 1 + 2 which focus on describing the topology to be used for the model, and the data types that will be specified within that topology respectively. 

 

Here’s where we’d like your input:

 

If you have any issues with accessing one of the spreadsheets, message me and I will give you access.

 

Best,

Guillaume


New time for WG2 biweekly meeting #cal-invite

guillaume.picard@...
 

Hi all,

We have a new recurring invitation for our biweekly WG2 Power System meeting.

You can join by going to the link below to register for the meeting first, and then you will receive an invite. Note that invites are unique for each participant so that attendance can be tracked and to prevent Zoom bombing.

https://zoom-lfx.platform.linuxfoundation.org/meeting/97550873598

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Guillaume


Updated Event: WG2 - Power Systems Data Standing Meeting #cal-invite

Group Notification <noreply@...>
 

WG2 - Power Systems Data Standing Meeting

When:
Thursday, March 3, 2022
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Thursday, 10 times

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/91646524338 (ID: 91646524338)

Organizer: Shuli sgoodman@... 4157229688

View Event

Description:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/91646524338 (ID: 91646524338)
 
Join by phone
(US) +1 855-880-1246
(US) +1 855-703-8985
 

1 - 20 of 114