December 2nd TSC meeting report #tsc-meeting-report


frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello everyone,
Our third monthly TSC meeting was 2nd december. You can find the presentation in files section of compas-tsc mailing list.
Here are the conclusions / decisions taken during this meeting.
Regards,

Frédéric


List of attendees:

 

 

-Jean-François Legros,
-John Mertic,
-Patrick Montaner
-Rob Tjalma,
-Sander Jansen,
-Rabah Laouadi,
-Frédéric Fousseret

 



1-Open-ended session with John

 

We welcomed John Mertic who is the Director of Program Management at LF Energy.

 

We have had a discussion with John.

 

Key point of the discussion was:

 

-Each community is unique.

 

-Key driver is code.

 

-We need to well define a context.

 


2-Review of actions

 

·         Sign-off flag and Github webcommits does not work.

 

Actions Frédéric: Find out the reference concerning Sign Off and answer the question (issue) according to it on github + Find out how to sign off with Github Desktop => DONE

 

 

 

·         -Technology choices, do all TSC member like the choices?

 

Action Frédéric:  Add Rabah Laouadi to the new slack (lfenergy.compas.com), and invite him to the TSC mailing list. => DONE

 

 

 

·         Talk about the channels of the mailing list and validate their relevance.

 

Action Frédéric : To delete Announce channel. => DONE

 

·         Community call update

 

Calendar on mailing list should too be completed. => DONE

 

 

 

·         8-Can this page be removed?      https://wiki.lfenergy.org/display/HOME/CoMPAS+Technology+Survey
It is necessary to check if present in github wiki and then delete the page => action Frédéric. => DONE

 

 

 

·         9-Talk about the TAC Technical Advisory Council(TAC) and suggest someone to participate

 

As at this time of the meeting, each member of the TSC is not present, we suggest to ask who wishes to participate thanks to the mailing-list: action Frédéric  => DONE, BUT NO RESPONSE

 

During this meeting, Sander offers to participate.

 

 

 

3-Open discussion

 

 

 

-          Speak about Entsoe :

 

During the summer of 2020, we came into contact with Olivier Aine from Entsoe. RTE talked about IS Tool which has been discontinued. As the ISTool was developed with TSO money, making it open source would require at least the digital committee and maybe the board. An action is therefore underway on the Entsoe side: to talk about it during a digital committee. At the same time, we asked if it is possible to verify the code. As in December we had no news, we relaunched them. We are therefore awaiting a response.

 

 

 

-          Open PR to anonymous:

 

Currently, it was not possible to open a PR if the person is not a member of the COMPAS project. Which could be counterproductive. We therefore decide to open PR to anonymous. Action to do.

 

-          LF email:

 

On slack, it was asked if the Compas project was opened with a generic account / email.According to Lucian, Compas was opened with a nominative account.The origin of this question was to be able to use a generic email to connect Compas to slack for example.Perhaps it is possible to create a generic lfenergy mailbox for Compas. Action to do.

 

 

 

-          Right of RABAH:

 

Rabah well knowns Github, that’s why even if Rabah is not member of TSC, it would be interesting to give him administrator Right on Github.

 

            This was approved by attendees (majority of TSC members) of this meeting.