Date   

Call for agenda for the next monthly TSC meeting

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello everyone,

Next Week, we will have the monthly TSC meeting in December.
Do not hesitate to suggest subjects to be discussed/decided for the agenda of this meeting.

Regards,

Frédéric


November 4th TSC meeting report #tsc-meeting-report

frederic.fousseret@...
 
Edited

Hello everyone,

 

Our second monthly TSC meeting was 4th November. You can find the presentation in files section of compas-tsc mailing list.

 

Here are the conclusions / decisions taken during this meeting.

Regards,

Frédéric




List of attendees :

-Patrick Montaner
-Stevan Vigouroux
-Rob Tjalma
-Sander Jansen,
-Rabah Laouadi
-Frédéric Fousseret 

1-Sign-off flag and Github webcommits does not work

For non-developers, to commit, we can use the tool: Github desktop which works quite well. Regarding the sign-off, it is mandatory for legal reasons. It is important to know who published the code if that code does not comply with open source licenses.

Actions Frédéric: Find out the reference concerning Sign Off and answer the question (issue) according to it on github + Find out how to sign off with Github Desktop.

 

2-Technology choices, do all TSC member like the choices?

The analysis of the technological choices during the TSC meeting is not relevant.

We suggest that those affected by this topic discuss it in an ad hoc meeting or community call.

Structuring decisions will be taken at the next TSC meeting.

Action Frédéric:  Add Rabah Laouadi to the new slack (lfenergy.compas.com), and invite him to the TSC mailing list.

 

3-Current status of TSC members and their ability to contribute

Don't hesitate to submit PR with an idea.

The health situation is causing delays for RTE, but RTE wishes to participate actively in the project.

For GE, architecture is the priority.

Rabah asks to use the slack widely.

IEC expert on the GE side will help: Jean-François Legros

 

4-Rights for uploading files on lists.lfenergy.org

All TSC members now have administrator rights on mailing lists.

 

5-Talk about the channels of the mailing list and validate their relevance.

Currently there are 4 channels:

·         Developper

·         Announce

·         General

·         TSC

The experience of other projects shows that the Announce channel is never used, and it is important to be efficient on this subject and not to multiply the communication media, which is why it is useful to decide whether all the channels are relevant.

TSC decides to delete the Announce channel and keep the others. The suitability of the developer will be checked in the future.

Action Frédéric : To delete Announce channel.

 

6-Feedback on current development method

Alliander is now using issues with PR.

The Github workflow is used (branches…).

The main branch is protected.

According to members, this is the current correct method. However, we need to make PR more visible to facilitate reviews.

This is possible for example by connecting issues / PR to slack or teams (webhook).

Each member can define it on their own Github account.

 

7-Community call update

A weekly meeting might be too much. That's why every two weeks could be better.

The agenda will be shared on the LFEnergy Wiki.

Calendar on mailing list should too be completed : Action Rob.

Talk about MVP at the next meeting.

 

8-Can this page be removed?      https://wiki.lfenergy.org/display/HOME/CoMPAS+Technology+Survey
It is necessary to check if present in github wiki and then delete the page => action Frédéric

 

9-Talk about the TAC Technical Advisory Council(TAC) and suggest someone to participate

Technical Advisory Council is responsible for helping with coordination and communication between the various technical efforts and projects supported by LF Energy.

Compas can participate in this council but as at this moment Compas has the status of “incubation”, so we cannot vote.

However, we have to nominate someone to participate.

As at this time of the meeting, each member of the TSC is not present, we suggest to ask who wishes to participate thanks to the mailing-list: action Frédéric


Re: Feature branch push requires Access Rights

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hi Rob,

Effectivelly, I think too that everyone should be able to create a new branch  and merge or not to the master one is done by committers

Regards,

Frédéric


Feature branch push requires Access Rights

Rob Tjalma
 

Hi all,

 

Rabah asked on Slack why he couldn’t push his feature branch to the architecture repo.

He lacks access rights, but I don’t think that’s the correct flow.

 

I think it should always be possible to push your feature branch to a repository.

When a Pull Request is being made, that’s the moment where we decide if we want the changes or not.

 

How are you all feeling about this?

 

Kind regards,

Rob Tjalma


Participation to Technical Advisory Council (TAC)

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello everyone,

Technical Advisory Council (TAC) is responsible for helping with coordination and communication between the various technical efforts and projects supported by LF Energy.

Compas can participate in this council but as at this moment Compas has the status of “incubation”, we cannot vote.

However, we have to nominate someone to participate.

Who among TSC member would like to represent Compas to this council?

Best Regards,

Frédéric


TSC Monthly Meeting - Wed, 11/04/2020 5:00pm-6:00pm #cal-reminder

CoMPAS-tsc@lists.lfenergy.org Calendar <CoMPAS-tsc@...>
 

Reminder: TSC Monthly Meeting

When: Wednesday, 4 November 2020, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT+01:00) Europe/Brussels

Where:By ZOOM.US (Registration needed)

View Event

Organizer: Frédéric FOUSSERET frederic.fousseret@...

Description: Registration is needed.
Please register to https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0qcuqqpjMuHtWzeDs5oilHpoGP7FNqWOkm


Re: Call for agenda for the next monthly TSC meeting

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello Sander,

Thanks for your topics.
From my side, I have these topics:

- Talk about the channels of the mailing list and validate their relevance.
Currently there are 4 channels:
  1.    Developper
  2.    Announce
  3.    General
  4.    TSC
- Talk about the TAC Technical Advisory Council(TAC) and suggest someone to participate.
  (Technical Advisory Council responsible for helping with coordination and communication between the various technical efforts and projects supported by LF Energy).

I will consolidate the whole subject in a document before our meeting.

Regards,
Frédéric


Re: Call for agenda for the next monthly TSC meeting

Sander
 

Hi TSC members,

 

I’d like to purpose the following topics for the comming TSC meeting:

  • Sign-off flag and Github webcommits does not work
  • Technology choices, do all TSC member like the choices?
  • Current status of TSC members and their ability to contribute
  • Rights for uploading files on lists.lfenergy.org
  • Feedback on current development method
  • Community call update
  • Can this page be removed? https://wiki.lfenergy.org/display/HOME/CoMPAS+Technology+Survey

Kind regards,

Sander Jansen

Data Architect |  Alliander IT Data & Insight

E    sander.jansen@...

Alliander N.V.  .  Postbus 50, 6920 AB Duiven, Nederland  .  Locationcode: 2PB2100
  .  Utrechtseweg 68, 6812 AH Arnhem  .  KvK 09104351 Arnhem  .  www.alliander.com

 

The content of this e-mail, including any attachments, is personal and confidential. If this message is not intended for you, please inform the sender by return and destroy the message. Please do not use or copy the content of this e-mail, including any attachments, or send it to third parties.

 

Van: CoMPAS-tsc@... <CoMPAS-tsc@...> Namens frederic.fousseret via lists.lfenergy.org
Verzonden: woensdag 28 oktober 2020 16:49
Aan: CoMPAS-tsc@...
Onderwerp: [CoMPAS-tsc] Call for agenda for the next monthly TSC meeting

 

Hello everyone,

Next Week, we will have the monthly TSC meeting in November.
Do not hesitate to suggest subjects to be discussed/decided for the agenda of this meeting.

Regards,

Frédéric


Call for agenda for the next monthly TSC meeting

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello everyone,

Next Week, we will have the monthly TSC meeting in November.
Do not hesitate to suggest subjects to be discussed/decided for the agenda of this meeting.

Regards,

Frédéric


October 7 TSC meeting report #tsc-meeting-report

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello everyone,
Our first monthly TSC meeting was 7th October. You can find the presentation in files section of compas-tsc mailing list.
Here are the conclusions / decisions taken during this meeting.

Regards,

Frédéric

 

List of attendees :
-Patrick Montaner (not member of the TSC)
-Stevan Vigouroux
-Mohamed Sylla
-Frédéric Fousseret
 
3 people out of 6, so the quorum (at least 50% according to the charter) is reached.
1-Election of chair of TSC
                Frédéric FOUSSERET was a candidate for being chair of the TSC.
                No other application was received.
                Too, during the meeting, Frédéric received 3 votes out of 3 possible among participants in favor of this candidacy.
                As quorum is reached, TSC decides to elect Frédéric FOUSSERET as chair of the TSC. 
2-Proposition to create « compas-cim-mapping » repository
                Alliander joined COMPAS in order to work mainly on  CIM – 61850 mapping.   
                It was proposed to create a dedicated repository on it.
                TSC (3 votes out of 3 possible among participants) decides to create this repository.
                Action: Create repository will be done by Frédéric
3- Distribution of roles and work on a Maintainers file 
                We would like to create a MAINTAINERS file in CONTRIBUTING repository as was done in the Powsybl project.
                The purpose of this file is to define roles of maintainers (who reviews and who releases) for each repository
                Current COMPAS repositories are :
                               .github
                               contributing      
                               compas-core
                               compas-architecture
                               compas-sct
                               compas-cim-mapping (according to point 2) 
                TSC (3 votes out of 3 possible among participants) decides to create MAINTENERS file with this role:
                               .github : maintainer is the chair of TSC (Frédéric FOUSSERET, according point 1)
                               contributing : maintainer is the chair of TSC (Frédéric FOUSSERET, according point 1)
                               compas-core : maintainers are all members of TSC
                               compas-architecture: maintainers are all members of TSC
                               compas-sct: maintainers are Patrick Montaner (see point 4), Stevan Vigouroux, Mohamed Sylla and Frédéric Fousseret
                               compas-cim-mapping : maintainers are Sander Jansen and Rob Tjalma
                Action: Create MAINTAINERS file will be done by Frédéric
4 – Various information
                Alliander has done a great job on architecture which must be completed / challenged by each of us :
                https://com-pas.github.io/compas-architecture/
                New Slack channel :
                               LF Energy
                               lfenergy.slack.com
                Next TSC monthly meeting :
                               Every first Wednesday of the month.
                               Registration is mandatory
                               Planning is up-to-date on the TSC mailing list (https://lists.lfenergy.org/g/CoMPAS-tsc/calendar)
                               and should be posted on the LF Energy website (Compas pages).
5 – Next actions to be taken and Open discussion
                Next actions :
                               It is necessary to actively work on the technical and functional architecture. Alliander has done a great job and we need to help him and continue the work.
                               The goal is to identify the constraints for each participant and to decide on the technical solution at the next TSC meeting.
                Open discussion:
                               GE proposes to replace Norbert Armand (member of the TSC), who cannot be completely available on the project by Patrick Montaner
                               TSC (3 votes out of 3 possible among the participants) decides to make this change.
                               Action: Change of rights will be done by Frédéric


Added Folder /Monthly Compas TSC Meeting #file-notice

CoMPAS-tsc@lists.lfenergy.org Notification <noreply@...>
 

frederic.fousseret@... added folder /Monthly Compas TSC Meeting


TSC Monthly Meeting - Wed, 10/07/2020 5:00pm-6:00pm #cal-reminder

CoMPAS-tsc@lists.lfenergy.org Calendar <CoMPAS-tsc@...>
 

Reminder: TSC Monthly Meeting

When: Wednesday, 7 October 2020, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT+02:00) Europe/Brussels

Where:By ZOOM.US (Registration needed)

View Event

Organizer: Frédéric FOUSSERET frederic.fousseret@...

Description: Registration is needed.
Please register to https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0qcuqqpjMuHtWzeDs5oilHpoGP7FNqWOkm


Proposition of agenda for TSC monthly meeting

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello everyone,

Next week we will have our first monthly TSC meeting.
The main objective of this meeting will be to elect the president of the TSC.
For this subject, if you cannot be present, let's say if you are a candidate for this function.

Also, as another topic, I propose to talk about the distribution of roles and work on a Mainteners file to add to the GitHub repository. The purpose of this file is to define who reviews and releases for each repository.
Finally, we could talk about the roadmap and define the next actions to be taken.

Do you have any other suggestions to add to the meeting agenda?

PS: Don't forget to register on zoom to participate to the meeting.

Regards,

Frederic


Event: TSC Monthly Meeting #cal-invite

CoMPAS-tsc@lists.lfenergy.org Calendar <CoMPAS-tsc@...>
 

TSC Monthly Meeting

When:
Wednesday, 7 October 2020
5:00pm to 6:00pm
(UTC+02:00) Europe/Brussels
Repeats: Monthly on the first Wednesday, through Wednesday, 3 March 2021

Where:
By ZOOM.US (Registration needed)

Organizer: Frédéric FOUSSERET frederic.fousseret@...

Description:
Registration is needed.
Please register to https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0qcuqqpjMuHtWzeDs5oilHpoGP7FNqWOkm


TSC Monthly Meeting Preferences #poll-notice

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello everyone, 

I would like to organize the monthly TSC meetings.

Could you take this survey to find out your preferences?

First question: what day?

Second one : Is 5:00 p.m. CET good for you (corresponding to 11:00 a.m. in Montreal and 8:00 a.m. in Los Angeles)? or 1h before? or 1h after?

Thank you.

Frédéric

Thank you for voting.



Re: Application of Sander Jansen and Rob Tjalma as mainteners #poll-notice

frederic.fousseret@...
 

Hello everyone,

For your information, I am happy to inform you that the application of Rob and Sander have been accepted by the members of the TSC.

Regards,

Frédéric


Application of Sander Jansen and Rob Tjalma as mainteners #poll-notice

frederic.fousseret@...
 
Edited

Hello everyone,
Alliander recently joined the COMPAS project to work in particular on the CIM / 61850 conversion.
As such, Sander Jansen who also worked a lot on the project roadmap and Rob Tjalma, a developer 100% dedicated to the project, wants to become mainteners.
In accordance with the technical charter, the vote of TSC members is required to accept their applications.
Can you answer to this poll to accept or reject the applications of Sander and Rob (multiple choices are possible).
Please note, only the votes of the Technical Steering Committee (and not of this complete mailing list) are required.
Regards,
Frédéric

Thank you for voting.



Re: LF Energy Project Pages - CoMPAS

Lucian Balea
 

Hi CoMPAS Committers!

LF Energy is renewing its website. You will find in the document below the proposal for the CoMPAS webpage.

Please have a look preferably before Friday 28th (if not feasible, no worry since it will be possible to refine the content after the launch of the new website).

I already reviewed the proposal and the content seems pretty solid and consistent with previous presentations.

Thanks.

Lucian

 

De : Jeffrey Osier-Mixon <jefro@...>
Envoyé : lundi 17 août 2020 17:46
À : BALEA Lucian <lucian.balea@...>
Cc : Naomi Washington <nwashington@...>; Shuli Goodman <sgoodman@...>; Lindsay Mays <lmays@...>
Objet : LF Energy Project Pages - CoMPAS

 

Happy Monday everyone! This is going to each of the technical leads for each LF Energy project.

 

We are in the final work on the new website, and as we have discussed several times at TAC meetings, part of that is consolidating all existing project information. I have gone through the websites, github repos, and documentation pages for each project and compiled some standardized information, and while we are importing this into the website, I'd be very grateful if you could have a look. 

 

 

Overall, each project page on the website will have a description & graphical image, a block of icons with important links, and a more detailed section below. Most of the text for these sections has been adapted from existing pages, so it will look familiar. 

 

Please take a look at the content for your project over the next week, and respond on this thread before Monday August 24 with any changes. The format of the final pages may change a bit, but in general, we consider the content on these to be pretty solid.

 

Please note as well that a lot of the technical information for each project will be hosted in the appropriate place on the wiki. While the front wiki page for each project is very standardized, we expect that the wiki sections for each project will be a bit more variable and will grow & shrink with the needs of the project.

 

In addition, if your project already builds documentation from github, we would like to preserve that as requested by some of you. If there are other static pages you feel need to be preserved outside of the LF Energy website/wiki, please let me know as soon as possible so we can discuss options.

 

Finally, when we launch these around Sept 1, please plan to change your existing sites to either redirect over to lfenergy.org or to point to it as the standard location, otherwise visitors will be very confused as to which website is the right one.

 

Thanks & hope you are all having a good August

-- 

Jeffrey "Jefro" Osier-Mixon  |  Linux Foundation  |  linuxfoundation.org



"Ce message est destiné exclusivement aux personnes ou entités auxquelles il est adressé et peut contenir des informations privilégiées ou confidentielles. Si vous avez reçu ce document par erreur, merci de nous l'indiquer par retour, de ne pas le transmettre et de procéder à sa destruction.

This message is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail, do not disclose it and delete the original message."


Technical Charter

Lucian Balea
 

Hi!

For your information, the finalized Technical Charter for the project has been uploaded on github:

https://github.com/com-pas/contributing/blob/master/CoMPAS%20Technical%20Charter%207-6-2020.pdf

Lucian



"Ce message est destiné exclusivement aux personnes ou entités auxquelles il est adressé et peut contenir des informations privilégiées ou confidentielles. Si vous avez reçu ce document par erreur, merci de nous l'indiquer par retour, de ne pas le transmettre et de procéder à sa destruction.

This message is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail, do not disclose it and delete the original message."


IEC 61850 open server

Sander
 

Hi LF Energy substation interested members,

 

A colleague of my started a side project in the field of substation automation. He build a substation simulator generated by a SCD file: “This project aims to simulate some options according to the IEC61850 standard, using only the SCL file. The main goal is feeding the SCL file into the system, and the system instantiating all IEDS, LD's, LN's and services accordingly.”

 

The project could be inspiration or re-used by the CoMPAS project of substation virtualization project.

https://github.com/robidev/iec61850_open_server

 

 

Kind regards,

Sander Jansen

Data Architect |  Alliander IT Data & Insight

E    sander.jansen@...

Alliander N.V.  .  Postbus 50, 6920 AB Duiven, Nederland  .  Locationcode: 2PB2100
  .  Utrechtseweg 68, 6812 AH Arnhem  .  KvK 09104351 Arnhem  .  www.alliander.com

 

The content of this e-mail, including any attachments, is personal and confidential. If this message is not intended for you, please inform the sender by return and destroy the message. Please do not use or copy the content of this e-mail, including any attachments, or send it to third parties.